Posted by Brad | Posted in Ramblings | Posted on 22-02-2012
As a windows developer who has dabbled in UNIX very little… I’m getting into penetration testing now using BackTrack and Metasploit… so I’m having a hack at cracking the WPA passphrase on a router… and in the last 22 hours my old laptop has chugged up a massive 58 million attempts from my 11GB dictionary text file… these are big numbers… so I thought I’d have a peek and see how many rows are in that 11GB txt file…..
With a simple command I did a line count of the text file and found after just a couple of minutes it worked out there are 982 MILLION lines in this file…. utterly mad speed…
Posted by Brad | Posted in Coding | Posted on 14-11-2011
After getting my mitts on the lynda.com tutorial on Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5, I decided to have a go last friday at knocking one up.
Everything was rather straightforward except for the usual flakiness that can be experienced with DW sometimes, the “easy install” of the Android SDK was not that easy, so a manual install was the way to go, even after updating the demo copy of DW I just downloaded… (the demo copy is not the latest) as bugfix pages suggested from adobe it still came to a manual install, which DW could then use to build the .apk.
Next timewaste ballsup to get around was that even my very nice 4GB RAM i5 64bit laptop at work still seemed to take a little bit too long to start the emulator quick enough for dreamweaver to install the new APK.
So what was then necessary was to start emulator.exe from the command line using an Android Virtual Machine I created from a 2.2 SDK download. Then from the command line again using the platform-tools adb installer get my APK installed… from then on it ran beautifully using the nice JQuery mobile themes.
Next challenge I couldn’t get around today was a suitably signed APK to upload to my publisher account on the market… I’ll have another try at that tomorrow :)
p.s. I did have another hack or two I found along the way to try and get from DW to a functioning android app such as making a change to the build.xml file but in the end don’t think that contributed to this working in the end in a robust manner, hopefully the above could be of help to you in getting this to happen as it’s a nice concept to rolling out mobile applications.
Posted by Brad | Posted in Tips | Posted on 10-03-2011
Are you also the lucky owner of an LG 47LD450 and want to have it play DivX movies directly from your massive external hard drive?. It’s super easy to do and costs either nothing or very little to do.
Here’s how I did it.
Get this universal remote control One For All URC3920 Slimline Remote Control
- Put some batteries in the remote, and set it up for TV use as follows
- Press TV, then hold the magic button until it flashes twice, then lazily use the search mode to get the right code for the TV by pressing channel + repeatedly
- Once the TV turns off you have the code, so press magic again to store it
Your new remote is now hooked up to talk to your TV, to finish
- Turn on the TV and point the universal remote at it then press magic once
- Enter 00018, then use the password 0413 to enter the service menu
- Goto menu 3 (third one down)
- Change USB from 0 to 1, then turn the TV off and on again to enable
Now when you goto media on the options screen you will see Movies, Images, and Music! enjoy