Are you also the lucky owner of an LG 47LD450 and want to have it play DivX movies directly from your massive external hard drive?. It’s super easy to do and costs either nothing or very little to do.
Here’s how I did it.
Get this universal remote control One For All URC3920 Slimline Remote Control
- Put some batteries in the remote, and set it up for TV use as follows
- Press TV, then hold the magic button until it flashes twice, then lazily use the search mode to get the right code for the TV by pressing channel + repeatedly
- Once the TV turns off you have the code, so press magic again to store it
Your new remote is now hooked up to talk to your TV, to finish
- Turn on the TV and point the universal remote at it then press magic once
- Enter 00018, then use the password 0413 to enter the service menu
- Goto menu 3 (third one down)
- Change USB from 0 to 1, then turn the TV off and on again to enable
Now when you goto media on the options screen you will see Movies, Images, and Music! enjoy
Tags: amazon, Batteries, Divx Movies, ebay, External Hard Drive, Hack, Images, Lg Video, Lucky Owner, Magic Button, Magic Store, Music, Options Screen, Play Divx, Search Mode, Service Menu, Slim Design, Universal Remote Control